Sourced from: Halo Waypoint, Halo 5 has just announced API support for Halo 5:Guardians. What’s API? Application Program Interface. Simply, it is a set of tools and code that developers can use to build their own programs, apps, and software from. What does this mean? Well, API will give developers access to advanced Halo 5 stat tracking and not only developers, but the general public as well. Want to build your own Halo 5 app with stat tracking? 343 Industries is letting you do that for free. This is particularly exciting for myself as I will likely be able to add a Halo 5 stats app right on this blog, and I can add the stats of everyone in our gaming community there to compare against each other.
“Halo API will support the follow statistics:
- Service Record (Life-to-date stats for each player)
- Match History (Access to each match played)
- Carnage Report (Complete statistical breakdown for each player in a match)”
343 is already giving out private access to places like MLG to prepare for launch day. This feature will help out a lot with the pro-scene as this kind of support exists among the top esports games such as Dota2 and Call of Duty, and while it was supported internally via Halo Waypoint, it was still limited in its statistics and limited to only Halo Waypoint. There was similar API support in both Halo: Reach and Halo 3, but it was removed from Halo 4. I have a lot of confidence in saying that this API support will be one of the main reasons for Halo 5’s return to esports. I deem it ‘Killer’.
Have you seen our other pages? Check them out! We have all of our content spread across a variety of media. Check us out, we’d really appreciate it!
- Like us on Facebook: Mythic United
- Follow us on Twitter: Mythic United
- Follow us on Twitch: Mythic United
- Subscribe on Youtube: Mythic United
- Join our Gaming Community: Xbox Gaming Community
- Join our Spartan Company in Halo 5: GAAAANG